There is no better way to spend a rainy day in and on the couch watching an omnibus of great movies, but you will need sustenance! And I have the ultimate 3 course snack menu for your movie extravaganza…
It all starts with starters and why not in the comfort of your own home and on the couch of course? These yummy pizza muffins are a great way to get rid of the bulk of your movie munchies…
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt (optional)
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping. Remember to Lick the Bowl Good!
There can’t be a main meal for a movie that isn’t something popcorn related so why not go for a very savory, very salty popcorn that will halt your movie appetite in it’s tracks? Bacon and Cheese popcorn is easy to make and ‘All-American’, great for that great new US film release…
Bacon Cheese Popcorn recipe
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hickory-smoked salt
- 1/2 cup American cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
1. Pour freshly popped corn into large bowl.
2. Combine butter with hickory-smoked salt. Pour over popcorn; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits. Toss again and serve while warm. Simple. Super Effective. – Recipe Gold Mine
The meal wouldn’t be complete without some scrumptious desert? No one wants some hoighty toighty extravagant cheesecake or cherry tart so how about some cake pops? You can make a whole bunch of these at once to last your movie marathon throughout its duration. These Red Velvet Cake Pops by Food For The Fresh may need a few steps of careful baking but are just what you need to complete your 3 course meal in…
Red Velvet Cake Pops
Red Velvet Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 2 oz. butter, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 24-ounce package white bark coating (you can also use candy melts, but I chose the bark because you can find it at the grocery store)
- Lollipop sticks (you can find them at Hobby Lobby or amazon.com)
1. Red Velvet Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease cake pan — either one 9″ x 18″ or two 8″ or 9″ round pans.
- In a cake stand mixer, or in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat sugar and oil.
- Beat in each egg at low speed.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift or whisk the dry ingredients together (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- Gradually combine the dry ingredients into the sugar/oil mixture.
- In a small bowl or mixing cup, combine the rest of the wet ingredients (buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and red food coloring).
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
2. Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until light & fluffy (again using a cake stand mixer or electric hand mixer).
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the sifted confectioners sugar (sift to ensure a smooth frosting).
- Once cooled, crumble the cake. I used two forks, and it was very easy.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbled cake and frosting until well incorporated.
- Form the cake into balls, and chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, put popsicle about 3/4 way through the center of the cake ball, and then dip in your melted white chocolate bark (I just melted mine in the microwave on low, stirring periodically). Set your cake pop in a place to cool and immediately decorate.
Hopefully will this 3 course movie snack menu you will be well on your way to tummy happiness on a rainy movie night in. If you have any tips to share on movie snacks then why not Tweet us or write on our Facebook wall? Get geeky with us!